Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Entertainment System and

I have a Samsung 7.1 Blu-ray Home Entertainment System and suddenly we have no sound when using television or fire stick, although I have sound when playing a disc
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung Model No. UE46ES8000UXXU age about 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes TV menu works- I have the same problem with television and firestick- although when I play a DVD I get sound
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good morning Richard. Thank you very much for your advice, everything is working properly now. I'd heard of taking that action in regards ***** ***** satellite box, but didn't think that you may need to do a similar action with the television. Many thanks. ***** *****

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer