Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

It'still showing the DVD screen, This is integral to the TV,

It'still showing the DVD screen
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: This is integral to the TV
JA: What have you tried so far with your media player?
Customer: Tried the exit button, tried the TV source button & nothing happens, still stuck with the DVD
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I really want to know how to use this TV as both the smart TV set and the DVD player that it is supposed to be

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the brand and model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only bit of paperwork I have has this number, Toshiba 32D3863DB. I went through this information this morning.The advice I had was to remove the plug from the mains & wait 10 minutes before turning it back on again. still the DVD screen only
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather type so I can see the instructions

If you press the Netflix button on the toshiba remote, does it bring up the app that way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see that, also iplayer & itv hub but not the Source home TV

For that you need to use the source/input button on the Toshiba remote

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok is that the button with a circle & an arrow?

Yes should be up at the very top of the remote, but should be labeled as input or source

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no id on the button but in the in the quick start guide it id it as source. Do I go to home the press source button or just press it without any other button?

You can do it either way, from home and then select an input, or with the source button.

From where you'd select dvd, or one of the hdmi inputs for your cable/satellite

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed the source button & now have a wireless display screen to connect to my laptop- which I don't want. Pressed it again & now have the TV back!!

Yes, each time you press, it will cycle through the different input modes, such as video, laptop, apps, dvd, cable, etc.

Glad it is working for you!

Nathan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you have given me the missing bit of info about the source that I couldn't understand from the TV start up guide. Thanks

You're very welcome and have a nice day,

Nathan