ratonxi
ratonxi, Engineer
Experience:  B.Sc in Physics M.Sc. in Micro and NanoElectronics
54002000

My JBL cs3 no display but but dvd unit power on but cannot

Customer Question

my JBL cs3 no display but but dvd unit power on but cannot switch off
JA: What JBL model do you have?
Customer: cinema sound 3
JA: What have you tried so far with your JBL unit?
Customer: kept the power plug removed for 10 minutes and switch on, still the same
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: at the moment that is it
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have you got the answer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No similar questions asked anyone
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long do I need to wait?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks I will wait for the answer.
Expert:  ratonxi replied 4 months ago.

Hello there,

My name is Andrés and I am an Electronic Engineer with more than 10 years of experience in end-user support. I will try to help you with your problem today, one moment while I read the information given. If more information is needed, I will let you know.

Expert:  ratonxi replied 4 months ago.

If the DVD is working but no there is no screen, then we should suspect two causes for this, or a bad LCD screen or a bad 5V Power supply line. A bad 5V PSU lines could cause this sympton as the LCD is feed with this line, so it would fit with the description given. In this case, the best option is or replacing the LCD and/or the Power supply module of the main unit.

However, the parts and labor of this reparation is quite high, as the main unit has to be disassembled, part replaced and retested. As long as it isn't under warranty, the reparation is not worth the cost.

I would recommend purchasing a new main unit, however JBL does not sell it separately from the system. So The only option here is to find a complete replacement of the system or using the main unit receiver as an amplifier. For first solution, you can purchase an equivalent system here:

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3910-Theater-Receiver-Speaker/dp/B07SW21ZC5/ref=pd_sbs_23_4/137-3274514-2315418?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07SW21ZC5&pd_rd_r=5307f219-6a89-4e98-a3e6-346693338e9c&pd_rd_w=WrRPT&pd_rd_wg=hOxvA&pf_rd_p=d66372fe-68a6-48a3-90ec-41d7f64212be&pf_rd_r=E6AA15A4Y5WWHSDSD6WD&psc=1&refRID=E6AA15A4Y5WWHSDSD6WD

For the other solution-using the CS3 receiver as an amplifier, you can buy he following DVD player:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007F9XHAY/ref=psdc_1036922_t1_B007F9XHBI

And this converter to connect the output audio to the input audio jack of the JBL CS3:

https://www.amazon.com/Optical-ROOFULL-Extractor-Splitter-Converter/dp/B01LL5RI3Y/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=dvd+player+3%2C5+mm&qid=1570004538&sr=8-11

Let me know if other follow up question arises so I can answer it! :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I switch the power on dvd unit light comes on but it doesn’t open and no display on the system and when I off the power it doesn’t switch off. Have to remove power code switch off. Any idea what could be the fault.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please cancel my account and send me the confirmation.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When are you going to cancel the account?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I didn’t hear from you within next 24 hours I am going to write a review.