Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Have Panasonic BS 750 Blu-ray freesat disc recorder plus

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Have Panasonic BS 750 Blu-ray freesat disc recorder plus Panasonic DMR - PWT655 freeview Blu-ray recorder. When I record from ITV on HD channel and then replay I get distorted picture on both machines. This only happens on ITV HD channel and not on SD ITV or any other HD channel. Be grateful for any advice.
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: As previously mentioned, both dvd recorders actually record the ITV HD programme , but the picture is continually distorted.
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: Both DVD players are connected to Panasonic TV with HDMI short length cables
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

You may be tuned in to a low or weak HD signal.

If you aren't already using a signal booster on your aerial, try fitting one and then re-tune the channels to ensure you pick up the strongest signals.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, Sorry about the delay getting back to you, had to break away for a while. Regarding getting a signal booster fitted to my aerial. Have been thinking a about installing a new aerial as the one that I have already is about 15 years old, although the overall quality of the picture that I have been getting, even on HD channels , except on the aforementioned ITV HD, is quite acceptable. The reason why I am getting a reasonable picture on the other HD channels is probably due to my close proximity to the area Booster Transmitter