*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Samsung BluRay Player (UBD-K8500) which is

Customer Question

I have a Samsung BluRay Player (UBD-K8500) which is malfunctioning. It appears to be projecting too large an image onto the TV screen. I have tried a factory reset without success. Any ideas? Thanks
JA: What Samsung model do you have?
Customer: Steve
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung system?
Customer: UBD-K8500 Factory reset
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

What is the model of your tv?

try power cycling the tv and your blu ray player.

When you power cycle a device, you are simply switching it on and off, while waiting a few minutes in-between. Sometimes, this is all it takes to get a device back to proper working order.

If you power cycle your tv, and blu ray player, you are eliminating these potential problems. Just by power cycling the router, you are allowing it to establish its connection to the TV without encountering the problem that prevented such a connection being made the first time.

Follow these steps please.

Disconnect the power cord from the TV. Then disconnect the power cord from the blu ray player.

Then reconnect power to both, power on the tv and wait 5 minutes for them to completely power on and reboot. Then check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It eventually worked!