Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I asked yesterday about my panasonic dvd player 5500(ed/k)

hi, i asked yesterday about my panasonic dvd player 5500(ed/k) as i need to make it region free or the code for all regions. how do i do this. thanks
JA: How old is your 5500?
Customer: DONT KNOW, bought it second hand
JA: What have you tried so far with your 5500?
Customer: nothing as i do not want to cause it to breakdown
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so, thanks

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the brand and complete model number of the player?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all i know is that it is a panasnic 5500(ed/k). i do not have it with me at the moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you email me please. all i need to know is what to type in to make it all region. thanks

Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. The problem here is that the player is designed for and locked to a specific region while you're attempting to play a disc from another region. These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them. While you may see some “hacks” online, they are not applicable to all models, as most do not have the ability to be overridden by a software adjustment, including yours.
This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player.
Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy a purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction.
I'm sorry there isn't a more optimistic answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,
Nathan