LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

My Panasonic DMR-EX78EB has just lost it's picture. I can

Customer Question

My Panasonic DMR-EX78EB has just lost it's picture. I can play previously recorded programmes (plays perfectly). I can also hear the tv programmes perfectly when just channelled through the dvd - there is just no picture whatsoever. We've checked connections/leads etc but still nothing. TV plays perfectly so no signal issues.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: There is 1 HDMI cable plus aerial coaxial cable
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No nothing, we were watching the tv through the DVD when the picture just went off but the sound kept working perfectly.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just how do I recover the picture, thank you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Have just tried to record a current programme. Even though there is no picture - once I selected GUIDE on the remote and scrolled down to where I guessed there would be a current programme it let me select it and showed the actual programme details in the scheduler and started recording. I checked back after 5 minutes to see results - it had recorded the programme with full schedule details showing but only the sound was available (still no picture available). It appears that every function on the DVD Recorder is working except for a physical picture. Don't know if this helps but... Also the serial number is *****
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm okay to wait, please continue to search. I won't be able to respond to anyone until tomorrow morning though as it is now after midnight. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Have you had any more luck or are you going to try again on Monday please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Please do not continue. I have had to replace the item after having a local engineer assess it - apparently there seems to be some internal issue but it would probably cost more to fully investigate and, if possible, repair the item. I will now close my account as I have no further need for it at this time. Thankyou.