Sijad H.
Sijad H., Customer Service
Experience:  Expert at repairing faulty dvd players at intermediate level.
61965098

Over the years I have my photos to CD discs. My Panasonic

Customer Question

Over the years I have burnt my photos to CD discs. My Panasonic DVD player/recorder (Model No. DMR-EX83EB) lately tells me my photo CDs are 'incompatible', and in Function menu, 'not recognised'. Until recently I have been able to play these JPEG photos without difficulty. What is wrong? W"hat can I do?
JA: Who makes your speaker or sound system?
Customer: The speakers are in a Panasonic Viera TV
JA: What have you tried so far with your sound system?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 days ago.

Hi, my name is Sijad and I will be happy to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Panasonic Recorder/Player.

A firmware update usually resolves issues with the device not properly reading CDs/DVDs it was once able to read. You can obtain the latest firmware update from the following site: https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dvd/download/ex83/index.html

Select your region using the drop down menu, and on the following page, detailed instructions will be given on how to update the firmware on your device.

If that does not work, resetting the player to factory settings may help. It is possible a setting was toggled causing the device not to read the CDs properly.