LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

We have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EX99VEB. A DVD-3

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: We have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EX99VEB. A DVD-3 message has appeared on the unit. At the same time the function buttons do not work on the remote (not recognised). We have tried everything suggested in the troubleshooting guide with no joy. We can't alter the DVD-3 message and can't get into 'others' to change remote control access as the function button doesn't work. Also can't get into set up as function buttons required.
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic. 4 years old.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic media player?
Customer: Trouble shooting guide page 94. When other Panasonic products respond to this remote Control. Tried all page,
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also tried to set-up but again function button not recognised
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 days ago.

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

does the unit respond to its own onboard buttons still?