Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a Daewoo DVD recorder/player DR 2100P which I am

Customer Question

I have a Daewoo DVD recorder/player DR 2100P which I am trying to connect to a smart TV via a free view recorder and an HDMI adapter but cannot Gert it to record. She I press record I get a flashing light and the display shows RECP. Can you help please I have been unable to contact Daewoo by phone or email. I am sure I have connected everything correctly.
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: If the free view box is switched on it plays the television and if that is switched off and the DVD player is on it plays the DVD.
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: To a powerboutlet
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think do.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you please tell me the model number of each device as well as detail the specific connections between all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your reply.
The TV is a JVC Fire LT 40CF890
The Freeview recorder is a Duraband DPVR,801
The DVD player recorder is a Daewoo DR 2100P.
The aerial is connected to the Freeview
The Freeview is connected to the TV via a scart HDMI adaptor.
The Freeview auxiliary scart is connected to the AV1 scart on the DVD player.
I hope this helps.
Sandy Guthrie
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the information, Sandy.

Can you clarify as well what you're trying to accomplish here? To record freeview programs onto a dvd?

Are you trying to copy programs you already recorded on the freeview box? Or to record live programs?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am mainly trying to copy programmes already recorded on the freeview box onto a DVD. I have done this many times before but, as I said, I only get a flashing light and RECP instead of the usual static light and REC.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Can you swap the scart connections from 2 to 1 and see if that changes anything?

Nathan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've tried that but cannot then play dvd.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

The connections you have in place are correct and should be working, but if it isn't picking up the freeview, that would indicate a fault in the recorder. Unplug power to the dvd recorder please. for a minimum of 5 minutes,

replug, turn it back on, and let me know how it works from there.

Nathan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I unplug all devices overnight but the problem remains.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for trying,

this would then confirm a hardware issue, and the recorder would have to be replaced at this point. It would not be feasible to repair as fixing it would cost more than buying a new one.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

You’re very welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan