Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I live in the Outer Hebrides and moved my player with me 5

Customer Question

I live in the Outer Hebrides and moved my player with me 5 years ago. I haven’t used it yet and now need to use it as my satellite signal has gone down. I have no book of instructions and as I am now 80 and partially sighted I need help! I have a Panasonic tv and it is set up for Sky at the moment. Can you help me at all? Thank you
Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Panasonic Blu-ray Disc player and must be approx 8 years old.
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?
Customer: i have found out how to turn it on. I have loaded a disc . How do I get my tv to recognise it?
Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it possible to get a written/printed copy of instructions to have for reference please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How much longer do I have to wait for a reply??? It seems I have been forgotten!
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

What you need to do is press the input button on the remote for the TV please until it is set to the input channel to the one the DVD player is connected to, eg: HDMI 1.

You should then see a signal.

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cannot seem to do this! Forgive me I am 80 and partially sighted... things like this are difficult for me!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

It is ok!

Which step of my instructions did you get stuck on?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don’t think it is easy for you to understand my difficulties! My age plus my partial sight makes following instructions hard for me! A live call
Puts more pressure on me to achieve and I get very flustered... thank you but no call!
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

On the remote for the TV is an input or source button, if you cannot see it please tell me the model of the TV you have.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My tv is a Panasonic. That is all I can tell you. On the tv control I can see the input area with 2 buttons tv and av!
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Please look on the back of it for the model number.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cannot! It is fixed to a support by the wall!
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

ok, you then need to locate the input button on the remote for the TV and use this to change the inputs please eg: HDMI 1, HDMI 2 ect.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Change to what please?
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

The HDMI port the player is connected to please, check on the TV for this.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Excuse me but you have already lost me!!! I can follow you no further and wish to end this conversation, indeed this waste of time finally!!!
End my subscription immediately, and do not expect a rating from me!
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

I am sorry you feel this way, please note without knowing exactly which TV you have it is hard to give specific instructions but you need to set it to the input channel your player is connected to eg: HSMI 2, you can check this on the actual TV itself for this, then you use the input or source button on the remote to switch it.

If you wish, you can send me a photo of your remote so I can see which button it is.

Else

If you wish to cancel, please use my link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl

Thank you and all the best