Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Denon RCD M39DAB CD carriage door will not open. Thanks.

Customer Question

Denon RCD M39DAB CD carriage door will not open. Thanks. Glyn.
JA: What Carriage model do you have?
Customer: M39DAB Receiver
JA: What have you tried so far with your Carriage system?
Customer: Only pressing the open door button on the unit to unload the CD - not aware of any other method
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)
There are a few things you can try:
First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.
If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.
Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.
Nathan