Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Satelite C850 - DVD player not working, The motor whirs, the

Customer Question

Satelite C850 - DVD player not working,
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: The motor whirs, the DVD title is recognised `player loads but DVD dosen't play. Toshiba Satelite C850 -1NU about five years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Toshiba appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Today was first problem, I hace cleaned the reader with an alco wipe, I have checked the status of the DVD and everything seems fine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please disconnect the power cable to the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it now functions.

Please let me know the results.