Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Sony X55ES Compact Disc Player that won’t open.I

Customer Question

I have a Sony X55ES Compact Disc Player that won’t open.I have 2 others which are working fine. The machine lights up but the drawer won’t open & the screen displays no disc.I would appreciate any help if possible please.
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: Sony About 30 years.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Sony media player?
Customer: There is nowhere to unlock the machine we have tried switching on & off which is all we can do really.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your player. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the player (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the player, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please