Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung Ultra HD DVD player and the handset that

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Ultra HD DVD player and the handset that controls the functions does not register any changes in the DVD when used. I have renewed the battery although the handset has not had a great deal of use. It is around 18 months old the number is ***** Canyou help
JA: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: It is a 55 inch Samsung Ulta Hd but I cannot find an identifier on it, the TV is functioning well
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: None, but the DVD player comes on using the buttons on the machine however there does not seem to be a button that corresponds with the OK function on the handset
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with Samsung Bluray player
I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem;

• What is the complete Model Number of the Bluray player you are having the issue with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please carry on and if unsuccessful perhaps you could let me know if I can purchase a replacement hand setThanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

AK59-30179A number is ***** perhaps the correct number is *****00179A for the remote control

If AK59-00179A is the correct number then the required remote control is available with the following supplier

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Samsung-AK59-00179A-AK5900179A-4K-UHD-Blu-ray-DVD-Player-Remote-Control-/192268019316

However, I would recommend rebooting the Bluray player, disconnect the player power cord for 10 minutes, reconnect it back in to get it to reboot. if the problem still persists then get a new replacement remote control that should resolve the problem. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer