Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX97 and can't connect

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX97 and can't connect it to the TV / Sky+Box and get the signal/channels on the recorder. Start-up can't find the Channels.
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: The start up screen comes on but can't find channels.
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: The recorder is connected to the TV by HDMI cable and RF
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please advice what type of cables and HDMI switch/transformer we need to connect sky+ box with a SCART cable to the recorder. What are the names on the relevant plug-in points on the back of the recorder and sky+ box we need to connect together? Thank you
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your recorder. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please