Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My HDD Recorder says there's 85 hours recording time, yet

My HDD Recorder says there's 85 hours recording time, yet when I programme it to record, it won't start, and when the recording period is over, in the 'Space' column, where before it said 'OK', it shows a grey square with a red 'X' in it, so it's contradicting itself.
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: The Blu-ray Disc Player/HDD Recorder
JA: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?
Customer: The red 'recording' light comes on before it's due to start, but it continues to flash instead of becoming a solid red block
JA: Have you tried resetting your speaker?
Customer: No, I wouldn't have thought of that, and I'm unsure of how to do it.
JA: The Audio/Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to say that it's a Panasonic player

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your recorder. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to wait, thank you.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I unplug it, won't it need to be re-tuned?

No, as it keeps them on memory if it is functioning correctly.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switched it off for ten minutes, then switched it back on, and tested it, and it works. Thank you, you're a lifesaver!

You are welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave Richard a 'tip' of £6.00, but I don't know if the payment was taken.

It was, thank you for that.