Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Is this a free service? How much will it cost? I changed the

Customer Question

Hello is this a free service?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: How much will it cost?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I changed the dvd region code on my panasonic dmr-780 with a hack remote but now it won't read any blu ray discs at all, should i just factory reset it? Thank You. Dennis.
JA: How old is your DMR-780?
Customer: I bought it second hand off eBay, i had it a Christmas.
JA: What have you tried so far with your DMR-780?
Customer: Just shop bought blu rays and blank blu rays, DVDs work O.K., I've tried blu ray cleaners.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didn't know what else to try.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello yes i will continue to wait. Thank You. Dennis.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 days ago.

This could be due to the hack or a hardware fault. Can you please try to factory reset it and don't run the hack again, but rather test aa bluray then right after resetting and see how that works.

Nathan