Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I own a Samsung k8500 4k blu ray player that won't play

Hi I own a Samsung k8500 4k blu ray player that won't play certain blu ray discs
JA: What Samsung model do you have?
Customer: The k8500 4k
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung system?
Customer: I've unplugged it from the mains, done a full reset and manually searched for software updates
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Checking online it would appear a firmware update is required but samsung may not release one as they don't manufacture blu ray players anymore
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is there any luck with my query?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It was very disappointing �� not to get any response! Even if it was to say you couldn't help! Waste of 5 euro! I'll cancel my membership. Disappointing!

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I'd really love an answer to this question! So I can wait .

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Unfortunately, the only available options on a blu ray player are firmware updates and a factory reset. Since you have completed both, it is either a hardware issue or the blu rays are in a different region than the player can play.

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)

Josh, Customer Service
Experience: dasdasd
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi Josh. Thanks for getting back to me. The discs are the correct region as they have been played in other players with no problem. Having checked online it appears to be a known issue with that particular model. Numerous other people have the same issue. Samsung appear to have no interest in providing a firmware update to help solve the issue as they no longer manufacture blu ray players anymore. Doesn't reflect well on them as a company I would say. It looks like I will have to get the finances together to buy a new player which certainly won't be Samsung. Unless you have any other suggestions then I guess I have to give up the ghost on resolving this issue. Thanks for getting back to me. Regards Alan