Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EZ49VEB which will not

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EZ49VEB which will not format a new disc. I've tried 2 discs from the same batch that previously formatted ok. Any ideas
JA: How old is your Panasonic appliance?
Customer: Over 3 years I think.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 6 months (I don't copy to DVD often)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that I have had no problem formatting discs in the past. It will start formatting and get about 10% through and then stopd
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It will start formatting and get about 10% through then stop

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Unfortunately, the issue that you are having is a hardware failure and due to the age of the unit and the issue, it would be cheaper to replace it than to repair it.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.