Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

For many years, we have rented a Panasonic DVD player and a

Customer Question

For many years, we have rented a Panasonic DVD player and a Panasonic VCR/DVD player. The VCR heads have not been cleaned for some years, and I think this may be responsible for a slight deterioration in the picture quality. Unfortunately, the rental company no longer support VCR players and cannot provide a VCR cleaning kit. Does Panasonic provide one? If not, could you recommend one? (There are several on Amazon: in most cases, half of the reviews say that they are fantastic,and the other half say that using the kit rendered their VCR unusable.) Your advice would be appreciated.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: Panasonic NV-VP30EB
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've been aware of poorer picture quality for the last few months. I've not tried anything, because I assumed that the rental company would be able to send an engineer to clear the heads. I've only recently found out that they do not support VCR players any more.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'd be pleased if you could supply me with a VCR cleaner. Failing that, I'd be happy if you could recommend one that I could purchase elsewhere.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to cleaning your VCR Player. I would recommend a product Curry's offers, Its a tape and solution that you would use to clean the unit, please click on the following weblink to be redirected to the product - https://bit.ly/30JRgaH

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew