Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

First time i am not able to activate on my Roku my5 channel,

Customer Question

First time i am not able to activate on my Roku my5 channel
JA: How old is your MY5?
Customer: Yesterdays
JA: What have you tried so far with your MY5?
Customer: I dis not have aby problem until nów
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: last time on my5 I was watching madam blanck mysteries few dąsy ago
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know what happens when you try to watch the my5 channel?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Black blanc screen
I have no problem with other channels on roku

Does other Apps work?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to your Roku which is displaying a black screen when trying to watch the my5 channel. I would recommend you attempt to power cycle the streamer and then try again and to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below;

1. Power the Roku streamer off. (Press the power button on the remote)

2. Remove the power cable from the power source for 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect it. 

3. Power the Roku streamer on. (Press the power button on the remote)

4. Navigate to the my5 channel app and launch it again.

5. Lastly, check if that is working again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew