Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a Pioneer Stereo and the door of the CD Deck Xc -152

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Pioneer Stereo and the door of the CD Turner Deck Xc -152 IT won't slide up and down anymore and I can't get any CD's into it any more, thanks
JA: What Pioneer model do you have?
Customer: It doesn't say on the front of it but I can send you a picture. Its about 25 years old
JA: What have you tried so far with your Pioneer system?
Customer: I had to move the whole thing off the table it was on and when I put it back onto the table the sliding door of the CD Deck just fell down and now it won't work. I've pushed it back up again but its about 4mm from the top so not in the correct place
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thats it, thanks
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.
Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Nathan

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Nathan for your help. The first option didn't do anything but I turned it upside and turned it off and on and when I turned it back up the door slide back down to the bottom. So its open, but when I try and slide the door back up it doesn't stay up and slides back down again. The 'light touch' open/ close button at the top makes a noise when you put your finger on it and the motor seems to be running but the door just won't move up or down until manually pushed or turned upside. I put a CD into it and was able to play the CD but only by holding the door in position manually. The door just isn't responding to the open/close button abd must be off line or something?
Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

You're welcome, and thanks for trying. This would indicate a bad switch or sensor, or a fault in the control board. You could try to get by with pushing in in manually, taping it shut, etc. 

This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs for these units just isn't feasible. There are no parts available for them any longer and labor alone would exceed the cost of a new system, unfortunately. Your best option would be to replace the entire stereo, or to connect an external cd/dvd player to it instead.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

You're very welcome, and havea  great day!