How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliott, LPCC, NCC Your Own Question
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Elliott, LPCC, NCC is online now

I have married for the second time, i live with my husband

Customer Question

I have married for the second time , i live with my husband at his home which he purchased after the break up of his previous marriage, he also has another property , along with personal pensions, he has two children whom he has no contact with , i work full time and my salary along with my husbands goes into a joint bank account every month , i would like to know how i stand with regards ***** ***** either splitting up or in the event of his death , i believe he has a will , which was drawn up a few years after his seperation from his first wife .
Many Thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 5 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

It seems that you have no issues about splitting up with your husband. However, worrying about his untimely death is a real and legitimate issue and you deserve to be protected and reassured.

You are suffering from some anxiety over this issue, and it is something that you should discuss directly with your husband. The best approach would not be like a business meeting but when you are sitting or lying next to him, holding him tightly and whispering your fears to him.

Let him feel your heart and your concerns. Let him hear the emotional aspect of it rather than just the intellectual (monetary) aspect. You don't want to lose him, and then lose your security/home.

Ask him to make it right and make you feel safe.

Put in these terms he should be very happy to comply and give you the legal protection that you need and require and merit.

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,