How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Norman Brown Your Own Question
Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, Marriage Therapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1207
Experience:  Family Therapist & teacher 35+ yrs; PhD research in couples
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr. Norman Brown is online now

i have been married 10 yrs my husband wants a divorce . but

Customer Question

i have been married 10 yrs my husband wants a divorce . but i dont want to. where do i stand
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Norman Brown :

Where you stand is first a legal question. In USA a husband or wife doesn't need their spouse's agreement to get a divorce. So the only way to force him into couple counseling would be to ask an attorney to make the legal division of property so costly to him that he might prefer to face the issues he's been avoiding, instead of just taking the easy way out. So you need UK legal advice first, before marriage counseling can do you any good.