How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My and I split 2 years ago.He has the children every Wednesday

Customer Question

my and I split 2 years ago.
He has the children every Wednesday and every other weekend.
They stay up late, sleep on sofas etc.
If he takes them out anywhere he almost always ends up in the bar area with his latest woman who has no children and no experience with children!
He has never had the children on his own for longer than 48hrs and now asks to take them all the way to Australia.
The children are 8 and 11 I am really uncomfortable with this situation as he has no experience of day to day care of the children and often gets distracted by women or alcohol.
My question is,,, can I stop this happening?
We were never married and the children reside with me....he plays no role in their upbringing and has an unsettled relationship with our son.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can stop this from happening. If you do not give permission for the trip then he would have to apply to the court. It may well actually make more sense for you to take the matter to court both for a child arrangement order and a prohibited steps order (although you do not formally need the latter it would be a protective preventative order). Happy to discussPlease rate positively.