How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrJackiePhD Your Own Question
DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 384
Experience:  I have been doing research in relational/interpersonal communication since 1998. My Ph.D. is in interpersonal communication.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
DrJackiePhD is online now

I have been separated from my wife two years and

This answer was rated:

I have been separated from my wife for nearly two years and have been paying her maintenance for my two children. My daughter has now left home for university and my son has now moved in with me. Do I still need to pay money to her ?
Hi, I'm Dr. Jackie, an interpersonal communication researcher/professor and relationship expert. And I want to help...if you have a relationship question. Did you want to post this in Legal and not Relationships? The legal experts can cite you specific laws that deal with your question(s). I do know that in the US, you have to go to court or at least have a court hearing through the local Domestic Relationships office that is in charge of the specific case in order to make any changes unless there is already a document in place that says when X Son or X Daughter turns a certain age and/or graduates from college, etc. So depending on your country, that would be something for the courts to decide. But I can refer you to the Legal Experts if you would like. :-) ==Dr. Jackie
DrJackiePhD and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Doesn't really answer my question.