TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I am in a love triangle, did not know he had a girlfriend,

Customer Question

I am in a love triangle, did not know he had a girlfriend, until she called one day and told me. The guy I have been seeing says, life is hell, needs to get away, she has been texting calling asking me questions about him, saying I am a liar. He is on anti-depressants. Something tells me he is in an emotionally abusive relationship. I have asked him several times to tell me what is wrong, but will not open up and say. Before I found out about his girlfriend me and my girls went on holiday with him, he said he loves us all, asks for selfies of us, and says he wanted to come and live with us. We live 2 hours apart and he works in London. He is an emotional guy, he said when I found out about her that he wanted to run away, could not cope, and even thought about taking his life.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Sounds quite messy for you...I am sorry to hear about this for you. What are you desiring to know? whether to stay with him or not? It sounds like he doesn't know what he wants and desires things his way with two girls and each not knowing about the other. Now that it has caught up to him he takes off. If you are concerned for his safety then calling the authorities is always an option. I don't hear that he will be able to fully commit as he has shown you how he operates.

Let me know how I can support you.