How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask llw26 Your Own Question
llw26, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 228
Experience:  LCPC - 2015. Counseling skills.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
llw26 is online now

My wife is openly committing adultery but continues to live

Customer Question

My wife is openly committing adultery but continues to live in our jointly owned house, saying she has nowhere else to live. What can I do to make her leave the house & live elsewhere. We have 2 children still living at home , a daughter aged 20 & a son aged 16.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  llw26 replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help. Are yall in the process of getting divorced? If so, you can speak with your lawyer about this. If not, I would suggest seeking out legal counsel to have them assist with her residing in the home. You would need a judge to determine her staying/leaving. Once you have a judge's order, she must follow it - if she doesn't then it provides you more leeway to contact the police and have her arrested for trespassing. Until you have a court order, there's really nothing you can do to get her to leave (unless the house is only in your name... then she technically doesn't own the home and you have full power to have her removed from the home).