JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

My issue is I get attached to quickly to people im dating

Hi my issue is I get attached to quickly to people im dating and just get hurt in the process. I been chatting to a guy for a over a week, first date was great we really clicked. Then second date was nice. Almost kissed on both occasions but I kept shying Away. We had talks of 3rd date but I feel like ik currently initiating more convo than him and he talks longer to reply over last two days. At this stage in any getting to know someone. I start getting worked up, checking if the person's online getting upset when I go to my phone and see no message and when he messages im quick to reply even though I try to restrain myself.So I guess just need advice on what do in these situations. And also he is going away for the weekend... So I was thinking dont text rest of the night unless he replies to my last message. And if he dont reply just message tomorrow morning saying hope u have a safe trip and enjoy.
Hello, my name is***** give me a moment as I review your question.
It sounds as if you know what to do. You just have difficulty doing it. If he wants to go on a third date by all means go. There is nothing wrong with liking somebody. Just don’t smother them. Just think about it, if he likes you, you won’t have to chase him. He will contact you. Follow your advice and let him lead.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But would messaging tomorrow be your advice or just leaving him alone
I see nothing wrong with touching base with him in the morning. Just text him and let him call the next move.
I hope I was a help to you. Will you do me a favor and give me a five star rating for my answer so I can be paid for it. If you have any comments or questions please post them here. I want to help you.Thank you!