TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I work with a man who I like and I think he likes me but not

I work with a man who I like and I think he likes me but not certain as his body language is good towards me but sometimes what he says to me can be mean. any advice would be appreciated

He is giving you some mixed signals, so I would pull back a bit and let him come to you and if he is interested in more than a working relationship then he will reach back out to you. It is possible that he has feelings for you but then becomes mean if he is trying to deny those feelings to himself. He may also not want to get involved with someone in the work environment. Pull back and let things play out and let him come to you if the desire is there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He has touched my hands twice before and brushed against my shoulder. He has made pro longed eye contact and will always be looking at me.
After work he has beeped his car horn at me and waved and one other time he beeped his car horn smiled and waved.
The most recent thing was me asking him to use my work space as he was sitting on my area. I asked him if he minded moving then he said my '(my name), go home as he had his hand on my arm. Another thing was this....I joked one day saying I was leaving my job and each time he saw me he was asking if I was leaving even though he knew it was a joke.
Im confused as dont know if he likes me or not or if thats just his personalty

It is hard to tell at this point whether that is just his friendly personality or if he has an interest. As I mentioned earlier I would let him continue to reach out to you and see if he makes the next move.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He only seems to wind me up the way he does. What do you recommend I say to him. Should I ask him why hes winding me up all the time or just ignore him? Thanks
Not yet I wouldn't say anything to him he might enjoy this game he might enjoy teasing you but if he's really interested then he will step up and ask you to do something.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This has been going on for about 4 months. He has stopped saying hello to me as I dont talk to him because of him winding me up. So Im not sure how to break the ice again
It sounds like you are doing most of the work to get him to come to you. If this is 4 months in the making I believe if he had a deeper interest he would have already asked you out.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What I meant by me stopped talking to him was me stopping saying hello first to him. It was mostly him initiating saying hello and then was getting my attention by winding me up. But because some things he said were mean Ive stopped saying hello but maybe I should say hi again to him. Thanks

If you desire to being talking with him again then sure start saying hello. If he has an interest he will pursue and if you feel he is mean then you can step away from it all.

Please take a moment to click the rating faces to rate my support. You are not charged again for doing so but without it i will not receive credit for my support. Thanks so much.