Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I am a married man and flirted with my friend's wife having

I am a married man and flirted with my friend's wife having had too much to drink. I feel awful and should I apologies or just do nothing and hope everyone forgets.

Hello. I am Rafael. I am here to support you.

I am sorry to know you found yourself in such situation. I can see how distressful it may have been for you. In most scenarios like this, the most assertive approach could be not to deny, but to acknowledge the incident happened, take responsibility for it, and apologize. By doing so, you show respect, accountability, caring and maturity. You show you truly value your friendship, and fully respect him and his wife. Avoiding to address a situation like this could lead to further misunderstanding s and undermine the integrity and future of your friendship, which is something you'd not want to afford. This happened because you were under the influence, and it should have obvious to them such was the case, so please do not torment even more about it, but take proactive action to correct your mistake, and take good care of yourself and your friendship with this couple. Does it make sense?

Hello. I wonder if you read my response.