TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

Me and my boyfriend broke up a month ago. I recently asked

Me and my boyfriend broke up a month ago. I recently asked him to catch up and he said he wasnt around which made me panic and so I might have acted desperately. I have waited a week, should I contact him again I really want to see him?
Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I waited till today because he said his work rota comes out today so he might be able to know when he’s around
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But i’m scared he’s going to ignore me or make another excuse again because he doesn’t want to see me. How do I get him back if I can’t even talk to him?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long will it take to find someone? I would like an answer ASAP.

Hi, I would not contact him again. You have been broken up and his response to you when you reached out to him last wasn't that promising. I know you want to see him. He knows how to contact you if he desires to see you. If you continue to reach out to him he might even put up the wall even more. Wait for him to reach out and if he doesn't then sadly that is the info you need about whether he has a desire to reconnect or not.

I await your thoughts.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What if i have already decided that I need to see him in order to gain closure and move on. There was a lot of unanswered questions during the break up. How should I go about doing this?

I completely understand that desire of yours but that doesn't mean he is on the same page or has that same need. He might be fine without needing to see you and he might already have closure.

TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach