Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Do you have to pay on this site? Assistant: The Psychologist

Customer Question

Do you have to pay on this site ?
Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I have just received broke up with my partner about a month ago. I have been in a rocky relationship with him for 5 years. He has drink problems binge drinking he has had alot of stuff happen in his past. He can go weeks sometimes without having a drink but when he starts he don’t know when to stop. He has always had this problem whilst i have known him. He had a council flat which he gave up and come to live with me i live in a rented house. He had been here about 2 months. When he isn’t drinking he is a lovely bloke very hard working. We never webt out much because he never had any money because of his drink problem. He has always been very close to me. The problem is i thought having him come to live with me would sort him out so he could rebuild his life. I went on holiday for a week abroad with my daughter. Whilst i was gone he went on the drink really heavily and when i came back off holiday my house was a mess he was in bed really drunk. I flipped rang the police to come and move him out which they did and they took him to a travel lodge also that week he should have gone to work i had a text from someone from my ex partners work i told her everything and that because of what he had done I didn’t want him to come back to my house. She somehow managed to find him in the travel lodge and he is staying temporarily at her place but in 3 weeks time i have been told he is going into shared housing. He has been here and took all his things. He hates what i did I maybe went to far. But the thing is we arnt talking now but i miss him so much and finding it hard that we are not in contact. Any advice would be appreciated.
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No I don’t think so
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Rafael-E-Therapist replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I'm Rafael, an integrative psychotherapist. I'm here to support you. I'm carefully reviewing your post and I'm sorry to know about your distressful and most probably, overwhelming situation.

What you have described would be very sad, frustrating and painful for most people in your shoes, since after a five-year-long relationship, you do not expect these serious issues to continue, but there is no doubt your ex-partners alcoholism, financial and personal problems related to it.

As painful as it is, denying reality could not help but continue to tolerate and enable this person's addiction, lack of respect, no accountability and other serious issues, would just worsen hsi personal mental and physical health and life situation, as well as undermine the lives of those around him, like ti has been your case for all this long.

Could you please tell me what is your question about it?