JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

I have been in contact with a man for several months via

Customer Question

I have been in contact with a man for several months via text and during this period we have said we love each other. However, he has been reluctant to meet. He seems to get upset easily when I am unable to respond to messages straight away such as late at night or when I’m at work. Over the time we have known each other I have given him money. He has said a couple of times that he has been in hospital and unable to get home. Today he has told me he has moved to London. I have strong feelings but don’t know what to do.
Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Not at the moment. Thank you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 4 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. I am reviewing your question and will reply in a moment.

You say you have communicated by text? How did you connect to begin with? Have you ever met him?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Never met in person, but we have exchanged photos. Whenever I am unable to answer my phone, he says I am being ignorant and that it’s over.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I think we met via online dating.
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 3 days ago.

How much money have you given him? And have you given any personal financial information that might give him access to your finanaces?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
About £200 in total but no financial information.

I suspect this is a scam. Honestly, I am pretty sure it is. It is good that you have not sent him any personal information. I hate this for you. I know you are likely disappointed. I have done this a long time. You aren’t the first person to be deceived this way. Your best bet is to break off all communication with him and change any passwords and such that might be relevant. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I have had a message today to say that he doesn’t want me to contact him any more.

Good. He likely decided he had gotten all he could from you. I hope you will take the time to rate my response.