TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I need advice. I went to London for a job interview.After

Customer Question

I need advice. I went to London for a job interview.After this, I went to visit my boyfriend, so I can get my hair done near bye.As I live in the country side. He went with me to wait for the hairdresser and told me that if She doesn't come on time,I should not do my hair and go back to the countryside. As he is going out with his friends. Anyway as the lady was doing my hair, I saw that she won't finish on time for me to get my train back to the countryside. I rang him that I have to spend another night in his house as I have a key to get in even if he is not there. He shouted at me on the phone to go back as he told me not to do my hair. So I have to spend the night at the hairldressers house. I want to call him to talk to him that how he shouted and treated me was wrong. Is that ok or just ignore him for a while.
Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: He has also started going to visit his ex. Eating and taking food home. He says he loves me but sees me once a while and says he is lonely that's why he goes there. Should I talk to him about it. As I am trying to find a job in London to be near him
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 7 months ago.

He does not sound like a loving and caring person and certainly does not have your needs on his mind at all. Screaming at you because your hair wasn't done on time and wouldn't let you stay with him? Does not sound good at all. And you are trying to move closer to him? I don't think that will change anything and could even be more difficult especially if he is spending time with the ex. I think you should look at his behavior and see if this is how you want to be treated now and in the long-run.