JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

I just dated a girl for about two months but she ended

Hi there, I just dated a girl for about two months but she ended things because she was not ready to date anyone regularly right now. I really like her and want to give things another go at some point. She said that she just can't cope with that kind of commitment right now, she also has depression and sees a therapist, so I believe her when she says right now she is just not ready, rather than her simply using that as an excuse. We had a really good time together, what can I do to try and start seeing her again?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Just that she has mental health problems which prevent her from wanting to form any kind of co-dependant relationship right now.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. I am reviewing your question and will reply in a moment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looking forward to hearing from you

I don’t normally suggest this, but under the circumstances Maybe you could ask if you guys could just be friends for a while. Let her know upfront that you want more. You are just giving her time. The question is how much time do you wish to put yourself on hold waiting for her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remember I asked her how long it would be until she would be ready to date someone and she said maybe 3 months? I’m happy to wait and be friends for a few months if giving her time is what she needs, also I don’t know how often I should contact her. She ended things Wednesday and I called her up today to see if she was alright, she seemed like she was not ok but unwilling to share, should i wait a few days then text again? I want her to feel happy when I contact her!
I understand. I would give it a week or so. At that time let her know that you would have contacted her sooner but was giving her space.
You might even suggest she contact you when she is ready.