JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

I let my friends effect my relationship with my girlfriend

I let my friends effect my relationship with my girlfriend and we're struggling because of it. I've done as much as I can to show her I'm sorry and I won't let it happen again. She is still unsure what to do next and I don't know whether to give her space until she messages me first or continue to text her.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: no
Hi there. What happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
things such as not posting her on my social media because my mates see it as cringy (I'm 16) made her feel like I was ashamed of her or cared about my friends more than our relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let to what I described above
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why've I been switched
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continue

My advice would be to back away and let her contact you. You have told her how you feel. She knows you’re sorry. She clearly wants to be left alone right now. If she cares about you, she will let you know. I know this is hard to do, but if you push her you will probably push her further away. Does that make sense?

An example of what I’m talking about might be oa runaway dog. The last thing you want to do with a runaway dog to chase it. Your best bet is make yourself known But allow it to come to you. Maybe, that is what you need to do with your girlfriend.

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience: 25+ years helping resolve relational issues.