JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

My best friend lived with me for 18 months, we were very

My best friend lived with me for 18 months, we were very close and ended up sleeping together, it complicated things and we fell out and he left
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: He was always acting jealous and said he would never say how he really feels about me because I would use it against him and he has to much pride, in the 10 months since he left he never stayed away from me, he would come to the shop where I work every day just to buy something
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: A week ago he spoke to one of my friends and said he regretted leaving and that he messed up, he then came to see me and we spoke a little, he since, 5 days ago came back to stay, he sleeps in my room with me but doesn't touch me, he doesn't like it if other men talk to me, and he hates not knowing where I am, yet he says we're just friends, I'm confused

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's OK I can wait
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me how much longer my response will be please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me how much longer my response will be plz

im looking over your question and will be with you in a moment.

I understand your confusion. He sounds more confused than you. Before I respond, I have a couple questions. Does he have a place of his own? Does he work? Does he share in the expenses? Not drawing any conclusions. Just need this information for perspective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he was living with his family but chose to come back here and yes he works nights and contributes equally with expences
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is here now so I can't talk on the phone

I think he is crazy in love with you, but afraid to admit it. My suggestion is risky, but I think could pay off. I think you need to call him out on it. You tell him you can’t go on like this. It is either all or nothing. You can’t handle sleeping with him without being intimate. You force him to chjoosekkkkkk. As I said, it is risky.. What do you think?

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience: 25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep saying to him we both know you love me and can't live without me and he doesn't deny before he left he once sed to me out of the blue, these feelings are new to me i think he's acting like this because he's scared of how he feels, do you think I should confront him now or wait a while, iv been trying some reversed psychology, he said we're just friends so I stopped dressing in front of him and sleep with my back to him, I think it's getting to him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hes sat opposite me

Basically, I think he go a step further and sleep in separate rooms. You don’t necessarily have to talk to him about it. Just do it. If he brings it up, tell him if he just wants to be friends that’s what you were doing. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this, what should I do if he doesn't respond

Don’t give him a choice. He cannot rationally say you are just friends and insist on sleeping with you. Even if it is platonic…

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do you think he's so scared?

He is scared of giving his all, commitment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if his fear of commitment is stronger than his love for me, I probably don't stand a chance?

I would think so. The only way you’re ever going to know is to test him by pulling away.going away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one last question John, after leaving last year, and being unable to stay away from me, to coming back and staying in my room with me the thing I find most confusing is, sometimes if we're in bed he'll touch me by accident then move as far away as he can, it makes me feel ugly and more confused than ever what do you think about these actions?

It sounds like he is either really resisting his attraction to you, struggling with gender confusion, or just generally confused". Honestly, o suggest you ask him,