TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

My ex broke up with me last week. It started by saying that

Customer Question

My ex broke up with me last week. It started by saying that she had feelings for our house mate and that they had kissed. Two days earlier. Its was my birthday the day after they kissed and didn't want to tell me. But she was confused about what she wanted. She came back saying that she'll regret the decision and everyone has told her she will but she worried that we don't make each other happy and this will happen to again later down the line. She still loves me and me her (so much). We talked it all out and spend sometime together before I leave the next day to go live with my friend. I went back on Monday to get my stuff and it was clear that she hasn't been sleeping in what was our room or the bed. The duvet was in the same place. Meaning taht she's sleeping with the flat mate. She had to help me move my stuff on as I don't drive. It was emotional and we half hands, huged and kisses. Shes not ready to let me go but she knows it's the best thing for me. I had to talk to her yesterday about bills etc. We talked and she said she misses me and it's nice to hear my voice. I'm not in contact with them. But I miss my ex so much!! Should I fight for her? Or expect that she's gone forever? Thank you :)
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: She's very anxious and has PTSD. I haven't been able to eat since this all happened. I had a few meals after the weekend before ei went back and saw they most be at least sleeping in the same bed.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Site Moderato replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to wait.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of this. She sounds confused so I believe the best thing to do is to let her guide things...pull back and let her be the one to reach out. I don't know that she will but if given space and time, it is possible she will miss you and want to reach back out and reconnect.

In the meantime, you must focus on yourself and your health and you cannot let yourself get sick over this. I understand you are sad and that is normal but get back to exercising and eating...if food is hard to get down then start by having some protein shakes.

Let her come to you and hopefully with the space, she will.

I await your thoughts.