TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I just told my best friend i'm in love with him. He took it

Customer Question

I just told my best friend i'm in love with him. He took it really well and we had a chat the day after. he said many good things, including that i was incredibly brave. But now he's ignoring my messages (bear in mind we're in lockdown so i can't see him) and i'm getting incredibly anxious that he's disgusted or upset with me. I don't want to message him and get in touch again because I don't want to come across as needy to him, but this is really eating away at me.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: My feelings for him had been affecting our friendship pretty badly for the past 6 months (it was quite toxic) - we'd get into arguments regularly. I'm worried that he's going to blame me for all of this, instead of realising that I can't help my feelings
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Site Moderato replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 month ago.

I think you did great by expressing your feelings. It is hard to know what is going on with him around this. Maybe he is taking some time to process it all and figure out what he feels.

I would not reach out to him again. Let him reach out after he has had some time to process. I can't imagine that he would feel disgusted or upset by you expressing your feelings. That is a good thing.