TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

My fiancé has broke up with him because he feels I let him

My fiancé has broke up with him because he feels I let him down. He is still messaging me every day like he used to and calling me the pet names. How can I get a second chance with him?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: thats all

If he is still messaging you then it seems like he is still connecting with you as if you are in a relationship. You may not have to do much to get another chance with him...let him reach out and respond when he does. He may just need some time and space to feel better about things and when he does, it all may be okay between the two of you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** just confusing when he ended things but has never stopped contacting me. Sometimes he is hot and cold with me. When I have asked him about another chance he just says we’ll see and maybe. I know it is still early days.

It highlights his confusion but it is a good thing he is still contacting you..let him do it in his way and it is quite possible all will be okay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any tips on what I could say to him when he does reach out to me?

Do not push him or ask where things stand as that could feel like pressure. Just follow his lead in the conversations..be cool and relaxed and easy going.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. How can I show him that I love him and won’t let him down again?

Just let things be...be steady and that is all you can do right now. That will happen over time, but all people let others down..nobody is perfect.

Please take a moment to offer a rating. You are not charged again for doing so but without it, I will not receive credit for my support and time. Thanks for understanding.

Just stay steady and let him come back in his own way and time. Be well.

Can you take care of the rating for me now please? When questions are left open, I will not get credit for my time and I will be signing off for the day. Thank you and be well.