Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I have been married for three years and in relationship for

I have been married for three years and in relationship for 10. My husband is everything you would want, caring, reliable, kind and we have a lot of communication. However, when we disagree he goes completely over the top, his reactions are really destructive, lots of shouting name calling etc. We have really only one major argument, I am the main bread winner by a huge margin. He is a SW locum, but gets in to conflict the whole time at work so rarely stays long at particular post due to conflicts, so he loses his positions often. I just want him to handle conflict in a less aggressive way, he says he can't change as this is a deep rooted behaviour to do with being abandoned by his father and having an over critical mother who at the same time gave him all her attention. He is an only child, so was bought up by her. He is nearly 60. Has grown up children from a previous marriage who have shunned him but one has recently got in touch, so I hoping for some reconciliation there. I do love him, but his temper is just too much. We have been in lock down for 9 weeks together, two major rows about his job and his handling of conflict there. His view is that what he does at work is not my business as it his life. Any thoughts?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No the issue is as outlined, a temper that is triggered by my commenting on his handling of work conflict.

Hello, I'm Rafael, an integrative psychotherapist. I'm here to support you. I'm reviewing your post now and I am sorry to know about your distressful, concerning and frustrating situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok do you need to know anything else about the situation