TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach
64783947

I am in a LDR. He is in USA I'm in Ireland. I am going to

I am in a LDR. He is in USA I'm in Ireland. I am going to states in July to meet him. I know him since last December and we chat on phone and fb messenger. Lately he does not chat as much with me not like the beginning.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ii know he is busy a lot but I see him in messenger sometimes but he doesn't chat to me sometimes. This has been going on for about 3 weeks and I think communication is vital in an LDR. Another issue is yhis
He told me last Saturday he was going to his camper for a few days. That's OK as he has work to do there as in grass cutting etc and he wants to chill a bit also. He went alone. So we chatted for a bit on Sunday night and all OK. We said we loved each other and I went to bed and he was taking a nap. It was 7.30pm where he is and 12
30am where I am. Now that's all well but at 2am my time I couldn't sleep so went online and sent him a message. He was on but left shortly after I got there but he was in and out a good not but never read my message
Next morning I went to work and nothing from him. He was online at 11am his time and was putting posts on fb but still nothing but I decided not to message him as I thought he would me just to say goodbye. He was on till 1pm then gone and my message was not read. He was gone camping as he said he was leaving at 1pm. I am very hurt
I feel as if he just doesn't care. He could have said goodbye as he has no signal while he's at campground so I can't get in touch with him. It's uncaring and disrespectful I feel and I'm hurting. I have been so tempted to write a message to him telling him how I feel and he would get it on his return but o don't know whether I should so I need advice on that one please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK I wait but need advice soon
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This question was asked at 12.37am 10 hours ago
Such a long time to wait
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should say that we are very much in love but I am doubting his love now since he did not message me to say goodbye before he left for his vacation.

It seems like maybe his feelings are changing a bit so rather than guess what he may be feeling, maybe having a phone conversation to check in with him would be a good way to go. Watching him online doesn't help you as it can make you feel worried. Ask for a call and let him know that whatever he is feeling is okay but you would prefer to know up front if things are changing for him. you may not like it if things have changed but at least you will know and not have to wonder and feel worried seeing him online.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but have to wait till he gets back as he has no signal out there
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you think it's rude or strange for him not to say goodbye

That's fine...whenever it it. The important part is having an open conversation. Who know why he didn't say goodbye let's try not to read into things and just let him have his time and you will speak openly upon his return.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK so no leaving a pm for him I gurss

no need. let things be and you will speak when he is back. You don't want to push him and have him become more distant.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thank you

My pleasure. I wish you the best with all of it. Please take a moment now to click the rating tabs. You are not charged again for doing so but without it I will not receive credit for my time and support. Thanks so much in advance.

TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach