Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I spend lots of time with a female friend, including going

I spend lots of time with a female friend, including going on holidays together and I have fallen deeply for her. But she shows no sign of romantic feelings for me.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: She started off doing my hair, we had lots in common, started to hang out, then spending a lot of time together, going on holidays. I have really falken for her but as I said foesn’t really show sny romantic inclinations towards me. Sometimes I fon’t contact her, but she will then contact me. We always do things together, like going on holidays, soend Xmas & New years together & she even asked me to speak to her daughter when she was having issues with her. She also invited me to Portugal for her fathers surprise birthday party. Sometimes I feel that we are almost like a couple apart from the intimacy part. I don’t want to ruin our close friendship by bringing this up with her & I thought I could deal with it, but it’s getting harder for me.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Not sure, just that I don’t think I have felt this strongly towards soneone before. Not even my ex wife.

Hello, I'm Rafael, an integrative psychotherapist. I'm here to support you. I'm reviewing your post now and I am sorry to know about your distressful and frustrating situation.

Could you please tell me more about how it has become harder for you to deal with this situation, and what's the question you have about it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think it was last August, we drove to Bristol to pick up her daughter & her belongings from her student accommodation. They got into an argument and in supporting my friend, I realised how much I felt for her. When we got back, we went to a restaurant to eat & she was very stressed & she confessed to me that someone she knew tried to take advantage of her & she didn’t want to tell me because she knew I would get very angry & protective.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I ageee a call would be better but I am unable to talk on the phone right now.

Please know that the website could send automatic messages requesting you to accept phone calls, offering premium services. Please disregard them if you feel comfortable using this interface. These are automatic messages from the website, and they are not sent by me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I understand, then she has this distressful and upsetting episode with that person, and trusted you for vending about it.

You have described a person who seems to consider you as a close friend and has presented consistent and long-term behavior reflecting that. You have also made it clear that this person has never presented any behavior leading you to believe she has any romantic feelings or sexual expectations about you but does her best to keep your friendship and regular sharing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’m right to think although it feels like we are closer than platonic friends, nothing further will come from our relationship

Nobody knows about the future, then what will happen only time could tell, but what you know is that form the period you have been friends, never anything romantic or sexual has happened nor come from this person towards you, and as long as that continues being the case, your friendship would most probably continue the same, unless she happens to change, and if that happens you would notice it in her behavior.

I wonder if you read my response and if it answered your question.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have read your replys

Good. Do you have any other questions?

Hello. I wonder if I answered your question.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think so

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions since I am here willing and ready to support you as much as possible.

You can contact me using this direct link to my profile https://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/expert-rafael-therapist/, you could bookmark it for easy access, and just make sure you state “For Rafael only” in your request, for other experts to know you want me to reply, and I will respond in less than an hour most of the time.

Also, know that I provide confidential counseling/psychotherapeutic support via Premium Services, which is implemented via phone call, or online, in case you feel comfortable with me and would like to discuss this in more detail or any other concern, and the best approach to work on it.