Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Myself, my daughter & my husband have been living with my

myself, my daughter & my husband have been living with my parents since 2015. we only intended to stay for maximum 3 years but unfortunately we are still here!! I am doing my best to safe money in order for us to get a flat but my husband is sooo laid back & too comfortable & every time I choose to bring up the subject of moving out & to discuss plans for our future he gets offensive. so from that time I choose not to say anything to him as I appear to be nagging!
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: my husband disrespects my mother & sister especially. I know she can be very selfish & she has an attitude problem but this is no reason for my husband to call her a bitch! from this, my husband has pushed me away to the fact that this is effecting our intimacy. whenever he comes near me, i cringe. An how can I be intimate with him when all 3 of us are in 1 room. this is getting beyond a joke.

Hello, I'm Rafael, an integrative psychotherapist. I'm here to support you. I'm reviewing your post now and I am sorry to know about your distressful,very concerning and frustrating situation.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you Rafael. Your help is very much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

No problem. The scenario you have described here is shocking since it shows your husband has not been honest, accountable, caring nor even respectful t you and your family, and that he not only feels comfortable but entitled to manipulate you and leave things the ay they are in a very selfish if not narcissistic way, and I think the more you tolerate his dysfunctional ways, the more you enable them and undermine your health and your family's situation.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Exactly Rafael. I don't know what to do.

My suggestion is for you to get individual psychotherapy, to carefully assess your core needs and expectations, and see how well or not your husband has been able and willing to meet them or not, and being realistic make decisions consistent with what you need, deserve, want and are willing to afford in the present and for the long run.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you. can you please recommend anyone or should I just Google it.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok I will call on Monday as my husband is back from work then off tomorrow. Hope this is OK? Many thanks.

You are very welcome. JustAnswer offers via Premium Service the option for some experts to provide private support via phone/text consultations/sessions, instead of a regular public answer to a public question. The fee is charged per session, and it's around $50 for individual sessions, and 30 minutes long.

The user just needs to accept the automatic request for a phone call sent by the website, or request the service to the expert, who sends or confirm availability, and once the user has accepted the charge, the website allows them to share contact information to proceed and schedule the session.

I provide confidential life coaching/counseling/psychotherapeutic support via Premium Services. Please feel free to tell me if you'd like to try this special service.

Sure it is. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions since I am here willing and ready to support you as much as possible. Please remember to rate my service by using the star scale at the top of the screen.

You can contact me using this direct link to my profile https://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/expert-rafael-therapist/, you could bookmark it for easy access, and just make sure you state “For Rafael only” in your request, for other experts to know you want me to reply, and I will respond in less than an hour most of the time.

Thank you for your trust. Looking forward to supporting you with a therapy session,

Rafael