Tori, Psychologist
Tori, Psychologist, Psychologist
Experience:  Work/Coaching Psychologist & Therapist
105912372

I need help on how to improve my relationship, Me and my

Customer Question

I need help on how to improve my relationship
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: Me and my boyfriend been together for 3 years and 6 months. We live 3 hours away but things are sometimes going downhill It’s like we not understanding each other
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: we are both Christians
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im really stressed
Expert:  Tori, Psychologist replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I hope I can offer some help with your question.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you think is causing you to feel stressed, is this in general, or regardingyour relationship?

I believe I have just sent you a helpful therapy for releasing stress and anxiety on another question you posted. Do let me know if OI can offer any further help with your question here.

It what areas or ways do you feel you do not understand each other?

Expert:  Tori, Psychologist replied 13 days ago.

Thank you can you help me with something else my boyfriend share something else with me regarding my daughters father I just need help where to go from here. He told me lot things today which been on his mind all this while I didn’t know I asked him to please communicate he did now he told me the reason why he hasn’t proposed to me yet. Which is to do with baby dad drama

Can you tell me a bit more about this and how I can help?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi thank you for your response, so my daughters father as an issue looking after our daughter when I need my own time to see my boyfriend he says it’s disrespectful I shouldn’t get him involved to look after our child when I’m seeing my boyfriend he says my mom needs to help that’s not his job now I don’t know where to go from here please I need help and this is ruining my relationship, I don’t understand why my daughters father is acting this way when he has a girlfriend it’s like I can’t have freedom
Expert:  Tori, Psychologist replied 12 days ago.

Perhap it would be helpful if you arranged to see your boyfriend during the times that your daughter would naturally be spending time with her Dad, and do not inform her Dad that you are seeing your boyfriend during these times. While you have both clearly moved on, you are still have a shared child, and it is clear that her Dad feels disrespected when you ask him to watch her just so that you can see your boyriend - he really doesn't need to know this.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That’s fair enough thank you so much
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That was really helpful
Expert:  Tori, Psychologist replied 11 days ago.

Thank you. Keep well and safe.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Much appreciated. Will do

Thanks again.