Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist
15682972

I have been with my boyfriend for six years and he has

I have been with my boyfriend for six years and he has stopped doing anything romantic. There is no sign of wanting to marry or have children. I am 34 and I'm worried that I will waste time in a relationship where I am not appreciated fully...
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have been suffering from depression and I don't feel good about myself or confident...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, we keep talking about splitting up but I feel stuck in my situation. We moved abroad to live back in his birthplace so it was already a big step. I have been uprooted from friends and family. It has been healthy for me to start again away from family as my family are toxic... But now I don't have the finances to move into my own place to give us the space we need. I want to show him what he has. I want to move out to shock him into seeing how he makes me feel but I'm still stuck here...
Hi there. Sounds like this relationship is dead. You have made up your mind to move out. Now it is a matter of saving money and making a plan for your next move. You need to be able to live independently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does feel that way but I'm not sure if I am just not thinking clearly or maybe I dont know how I feel. He knows how I feel but he does nothing to reassure me. It feels like he is pushing me away and when he tries to get close to me I just feel a really deep anger coming up. I feel like he is just using me for sex instead of actually make an effort. I am attracted to him but don't feel like he is willing to put in an effort for me. Does that make sense? It's very confusing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also love him very much and care about him. He says he loves me too. But I feel very dead inside...
I think you are thinking clearly about this. If there is no ring in your finger then you are being used. No commitment from him means you can leave anytime.