JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

I’ve met a really lovely guy who is pretty much everything

Customer Question

Hi I’ve met a really lovely guy who is pretty much everything I’ve looked for in past relationships , and my family really like him and think he’s good for me . Things are going really well , however I have this niggling feeling there is t something
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: No
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi sorry I accidentally send the question before finishing .As I was saying , I feeling there is something missing out of the relationship, I like him but just don’t feel completely besotted by him, I’ve never had nervous butterfly’s or excitement when I’m around him . This upsets me and I want to feel this as he does make me so happy and he is someone who I could see myself having a happy life with . I wonder is it because he’s been so nice and I’ve seen so much of him I haven’t had that chance to miss him ? Or to have the chance to make him like me . He’s been completely besotted overs me from day one . I’ve never had this before .
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 11 days ago.

You really are in a difficult situation. Chemistry definitely is not everything, but can be important.It sounds like this fellow is great for you. If you do not have chemistry now though, you risk discontent in the future. That said, many relationships have survived in various cultures n in arranged marriages. It all depends on your priorities. I think character and personality are much more important than chemistry though.

What are your thoughts

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I just hope chemistry may build over time . Don’t want to risk losing this lovely person but at the same time just don’t feel that desire and obsession I have felt with previous partners . I want to carry on how things are to see if things do develop , at the same time I don’t want to risk hurting him if his romantic feelings are stronger than mine .

I think giving it time is a good idea. Think about it. You’ve had relationships with the chemistry is there and they are no more. Maybe this is better.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

You’re welcome