Tori, Psychologist
Tori, Psychologist, Psychologist
Experience:  Work/Coaching Psychologist & Therapist
105912372

Is being in a happy relationship but thinking about someone

Customer Question

Is being in a happy relationship but thinking about someone else a bad thing and what can I do about it?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: Is being in a happy relationship but thinking about someone else a bad thing and what can I do about it?
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Site Moderato replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Tori, Psychologist replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I hope I can offer some help with your question.

I think it is probably fair to say that everyone will do this to some extent at some time or another. Being in a happy and fulfilling relationship can sometimes even be enhanced by thoughts or fantasies of other people. The extent of these thoughts and feeligs will determine the extent to which this could become an issue for you or the relationship, for example if you have deeper feelings about the other person., or you wanted to further pursue these feelings, however just fleeting thoughts isn't that unusual, and doesn't need to be any more than that.

I do hope that provides a different perspective on your situation and question, but do let me know if I can offer any further help.